Tuesday 10 September 2024

Eguavoen Denies Stepping Down as Super Eagles Interim Coach As Minister of Sports Development Assure Nigerians of Getting A Substantive Coach For The Super Eagles




Technical Director of the Nigeria Football Federation, Austin Eguavoen, has denied stepping down as the interim coach of the Super Eagles after the two 2025 AFCON qualifiers against the Benin Republic and Rwanda.


Eguavoen was appointed by the NFF to take charge of the two games following the inability of the federation to secure the services of German coach, Bruno Labbadia, over what they call stringent German tax laws.


"I have been given a mandate to handle two games. I will want to say I am very pleased with the boys and again thanks to the NFF leadership and all the boys supported me in terms of discipline and working hard", he said.


"It ends today, which is the two games mandate. I can't talk about Libya because I haven't been told but however I can talk about it a little bit incase we have another coach, we can talk about it I want to be closer to the team as it should be and I can give inside story and inside information that we need to be able to overcome Libya.


Meanwhile the Minister of Sports Development has assured Nigerians of getting a Substantive Coach for the Super Eagles 

Speaking on Morning Show on Arise TV on Wednesday morning, Minister of Sports Development, Senator John Enoh said, "we have promised Nigerians about getting a think tank team (for the Super Eagles), unfortunately, Nigerians will not be able to know enough with the back and forth that goes behind the scene. I personally got briefing about what was going on when they told me we have to play our first two African Nations Cup qualifier games without a substantive coach but with an interim coach in the person of Austin Eguavoen."

But it gave us positive results, thank God, the first match that took place in Uyo got a result we have not been able to achieve in a long time.

"With little more time, we are going to sort out all that we couldn't sort out (about Eagles coach)












0 comments: